Composition of Circuit Women Commission-St. Kitts Circuit
The Circuit Women Commission consists of all women organizations. Women groups catering for ages 18 to 100 years (over if possible). These may include: Women Leagues, Women Fellowships, Women Groups
- A Chairperson elected by representatives
- A Secretary elected by representatives
- A Minister appointed by the Circuit
- The Presidents of Women Organizations of each congregation in the Circuit.
- One other representative from the Woman Organization from each congregation.
- Not less than two nor more than six persons who do not have membership in any of the groups aforesaid, elected by the Circuit Organizations and Education Committee.
The Responsibilities of the Circuit Women Commissions:
- To work in close collaboration with the various Women Organizations in the Circuit in order to provide opportunities for Methodist women to develop their potential, and to encourage their full participation in the social and religious activities of the Methodist Church, and to promote Christian witness and discipleship among women.
- To encourage and enable the various Women Organizations to develop varied and relevant programmes that would deepen the personal commitment of all women to Christ and His Church, enrich home and family life, and sensitize them to the new and emerging factors which impact upon women and the family and empower them to cope with these factors.
- To develop annually social projects which addresses a major social issue of particular relevance to women.
- To be the local executive of the women in the Connexional Area.
- To liaise with other women organizations and agencies locally and regionally in promoting the welfare of women.
- To collaborate with other Circuit Commissions in promoting jointly programmes and projects for the enrichment of family, community, and church life.
- To appoint its own officers and determine its mode of operation within the framework of established practices in the Church.
New Executive for year 2017-2019: President- Sis. Sandra Daveron Vice President: Sis. Elsa Revan Secretary: Sis. Arlene Douglas Treasurer: Sis. Andrea Liddie, P. R. Os. -Sis. Carol Williams, Sis. Gwendolyn Duncan
Event: Women Week of Activities/MCCA Women Lord’s Day: June 18-25, 2017.
Looking to educate about MCCA Women, then Click on this link to see a booklet that can be used to give your women group members and other women of the church booklet for MCCA Women
Women’s Week- June 19-25th, 2017
Tuesday, 20th June – Panel Discussion- The Wesley Methodist Church Hall- 7.p.m. Thursday, 22nd June- Devotions in Schools Saturday, 24th June- Joining Men on Health Walk Sunday, 25th June- Women Rally at 4:30 p.m. at Ebenezer Methodist Church, Old Road